BRUNEI DARUSSALAM SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARD 2013/2014
The Government of Brunei Darussalam is offering annual scholarships under a special scholarship award scheme, commencing in 2013-14 academic session. Under this program following courses are being offered in various universities of Brunei Drassalam:
- Bachelor Degree (Honors)
- Master Degree
- PhD Degree
- HND (Higher National Diploma)
The aim of the scholarship award is to provide students quality education and develop cultural exchange, with the opportunity to stay at Universiti Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali [UNISSA] and Institute of Teknologi Brunei [ITB].
BENEFITS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP:
The scholars are exempted from paying of the tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees determined by the university during duration of the programme.
An economy class air ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam from the scholar’s country of the origin prior to the commencement of the course will be provided by the Government of Brunei Darussalam through the Brunei mission abroad. Any claims made by the scholar for the cost of air tickets they had purchased on their own without prior consent of the Brunei Mission Abroad will not be accepted. Upon completion of the programme scholar may apply for an economy class air ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholar’s country of the origin. No addition assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses.
Allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND 500.00;
- Annual Book Allowance of BND600.00;
- Monthly food allowance of BND 150.00;
- Baggage allowance maximum of BND 250.00 to ASEAN region and BND 500.00 to non ASEAN region upon completion of the program only.
An accommodation at respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given to in lieu of board and transport.
Only outpatient medical and dental treatment received in Brunei Government hospitals are complimentary. An administrative charge will however be payable for every consultation with the Government general practitioner or specialist. Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by scholars themselves.
- Applicant must be citizens of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth member countries.
- Must be between the age of 18-25 at the commencement of the academic session / classes, for which they are applying for admission. And the age should not exceed from 35 for candidates who are applying for Master & PhD programs.
- Applicants having 1st Division throughout the ACADEMIC CAREER are eligible to apply.
- The applicant must have completed HSSC / Intermediate or equivalent for application in Higher National Diploma and Undergraduate Program.
- The applicant must have completed 16 years Bachelors / or equivalent Degree for application in Master's Program and PhD Program.
- The applicant must full fill all the field of the Brunei Application Form and no column or field should be left unfilled.
- Certificates / Transcript/Degrees to be attached must be attested by the attesting authorities such as IBCC and HEC.
- The applicant must provide Police Clearance Certificate with his application.
- IELTS/TOEFL scores as required, where applicable.
- Applicants must fulfil other requirements set by concerned university.
Following points are mentioned, for the purpose to serve as a Glance for the applicants, regarding documents to be attached. For Complete and detailed information applicants are required to visit the link http://www.mofat.gov.bn/scholarship and properly go through the requirements of Degree Program and University requirements:
- Three recent passport size photographs.
- Three IBCC and HEC attested / certified copies of academic qualification.
- Three copies of Applicants Statement of Purpose (Item 6 on Brunei Application form).
- Three certified copies of Birth Certificate and passport.
- Three copies of Security Vetting / Police Clearance Certificate.
- Certified English Translations of supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts) must be submitted for documents that are not in English.
- Reference forms must be fulfilled completely, available in Brunei Application Form.
- Must fulfil Minimum Entry Requirements of each University and Program in which you are interested to apply.
- Language proficiency proof such as IELTS, TOEFL, as per program in which you want to apply. Programs are offered in English, Malay and Arabic Language (See Minimum Entry Requirement of the Program in the specific University)
- Applications which are not containing any of the documents mentioned above or mentioned on Brunei Darussalam's Scholarship scheme website will not be entertained. Those applicants, who do not have any of the documents, should NOT apply in this scholarship scheme.
These documents are required by Brunei Darussalam authorities, therefore make sure that any of the documents mentioned above or mentioned at Brunei Darussalam's Scholarship scheme website (http://www.mofat.gov.bn/scholarship/) are not missing.
WHERE AND HOW TO SEND APPLICATIONS:
- Applicants are required to send Three sets of Brunei Application Form, which can be downloaded from (http://www.mofat.gov.bn/index.php/bd-scholarship-2013-2014 )
- Only One Set of HEC Application Form is to be sent with application package (Click here to download)
- Fill the Application forms very neatly, using the capital letters in Black or Blue ink only, if possible with the help of Computer.
- Applications should be sent in Spiral Binding only. The Applications which are not in Spiral Binding will not be accepted.
- Each Application set should be separate. All three application sets should not be binded / attached together.
- Kindly note that HEC is the authorized agency who would send nomination from Pakistan, hence you should not send application directly to Brunei. Last Date for receipt of application in HEC is on or before 07 february, 2013. Late received applications will NOT be entertained.
- Send completely filled application form, with no documents missing, to the address given below:
Asif Kaleem Malik
Project Manager (FFSP/Brunei)
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-9, ISLAMABAD
NOTE : LIMITED NOMINATIONS WILL BE FORWARDED.
HEC is only a facilitating agency and has no financial liability in this regard.