Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology for PhD & Post Doctoral studies in world’s Top Ranked Universities, 2015-16
HEC has received offer of scholarships, from Islamic Development Bank (IDB), for PhD and Post-Doctoral Program, offered in the world renowned universities, for the session 2015-2016.
Application are invited from permanent / regular employee of academic institutions and R&D bodies of Pakistani / AJK nationals, possessing very good standing/grades, as required by the IDB, Universities, who would like to pursue their career in Science and Technology, in their home country.
The objective of the programme is to develop technically qualified human resources in the IDB member countries by providing scholarships to promising and outstanding scholars and researchers to undertake advanced studies and research in the fields of applied science and technology needed for the development of the member countries.
The Programme offers scholarships for study and research at two levels: (i) 3-year Ph.D. study/ research, and (ii) 6-12 months of Post-Doctoral research.
WHO CAN APPLY?
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must meet the following basic criteria:
· Age not over (a) 35 years for Ph.D. study, and (b) 40 years for Post-Doctoral research;
· Permanent / regular employee to a research/academic/development institution in science and technology in Pakistan
· Must possess the required academic background in the related field of their proposed study/research and have some professional/research experience in the respective field;
· Demonstrate that the research proposal has scientific and technological relevance with the objective of meeting the priority development needs of the country;
· Have good command of the language of the institution of study and the ability to conduct scientific work in it.
Fields of Study in Which Scholarships are offered:
· Health/medicine, Agriculture/Food production, Water Resources/ Desertification, Energy/Infrastructure Development, Nanotechnology, Development-focused ICT, and pure Science subjects.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS:
The scholarship covers the following benefits and entitlements:
· All academic expenses
· Living allowances
· Health Insurance
· Round trip air-tickets to and from place of study
· Conference Participation allowance
· Scientific Paper preparation allowance
· Computer allowance (for Ph.D. only)
· Family allowance (for Ph.D. only)
For complete details, please visit http://www.isdb.org; or http://www.ead.gov.pk.
The applicant should have admission in the Ph.D. / Post-Doctoral program (Science and Technology Disciplines) offered at any leading institution, which are in the THES List Priority shall be given to applicants who have secured admission at universities that have concluded a cooperation agreement with the IDB such as Cambridge University, Oxford University, Nottingham University, Birmingham University, University of York, University College London, UK, Princeton University USA, Paris, KAUST, Saudi Arabia or from the top 50 universities on the THES list below:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS:
Detailed eligibility criteria is also available at IDB website. http://www.isdb.org;
HOW TO APPLY:
(First save and then open below Forms)
Completely fill IDB application form:
§ HEC PhD Application Form (Download from here)
§ HEC Post-Doctoral Application Form (Download from here)
Completely fill HEC application form with the help of computer, don’t attach both HEC and IDB forms.
§ IDB PhD Application Form (Download from here)
§ IDB Post Doc Application Form (Download from here)
Attach all the documents with IDB Application Form as mentioned in the Eligibility Criteria section of each program (above) as well as in the How to Apply section of IDB Application form.
Do not attach HEC application form with IDB Application form. HEC application form must be sent separately. Also, attach the print of THES list highlighting the Host University ranking number, with HEC application form only.
Completely pin up / staple each application form, loose applications will not be entertained.
Applicants are advised to send Three (03) Complete Sets of IDB Application Form along with a HEC Form as mentioned above on or before 27th February 2015.
Attach the payment receipt of Rs. 500 (Application Processing Fee) with HEC Application form only. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate HEC HBL bank Account No. 17427900133401 is being maintained for the purpose.
Send your Applications to:
Engr. Waheed Ahmed Mangi
Deputy Director (HRD) / In-charge FFSP
Higher Education Commission
Important Instructions for Applicants:
1. All the information available with HEC has been shared on its website. For any other information or queries, applicants are advised to visit www.isdb.org or visit www.ead.gov.pk/idb and contact the relevant authorities for queries.
2. HEC is only facilitating in the processing of the said scholarship and has no financial liability in this regard.
3. Applicants are required to send complete applications as mentioned above. No missing documents will be accepted and forwarded.
4. List of nominated applicants will be placed on HEC's official website and later IDB authorities will themselves intimate the results. Applicants are therefore advised not to send emails for any queries regarding final selection.